Thursday 29 August 2013


Money on the table time. I bought my first boxes of Airfix 1/32 for many, many years. British Infantry (of course), British Support Group, British Commandos, and the Eighth Army. The Commandos are there to provide additional bodies as they wear the same kit as the standard infantry, and only require helmets. The Eighth Army are there solely to provide additional heads/helmets and MkIII Lee Enfields with bayonets. I'm afraid they are not going to be very happy chaps as their fate is to meet the modelling knife and razor saw.

I must say that I was very impressed by Airfix/Humbrol's turnaround time. I ordered the figures online just before lunch on Wednesday and they arrived before 8am Thursday. Free postage as well!



One happy and unexpected discovery was that the British Infantry have the MkIII Lee Enfield rifle when I was expecting them to be moulded with the later MkIV (which wasn't generally issued until 1941). The Commandos have the MkIV, and so do the Support Group, but the infantry which will form the bulk of the force won't need to be converted.

No comments:

Post a Comment