Sunday 26 November 2023

More Projects. I can't die young, I need more time!

My new projects are painting up the old Airfix 1/32 Waterloo plastics (I always loved those when I was young, and they stand the test of time), and to paint up a few lances of Battletech mechs. 

    The Airfix figures are likely to go on Ebay as the original plan was paint-and-sell to bring in some pocket money, as well as a plausible excuse to paint up the figures when they are too large for wargaming and not really display-case models. Of course, I will probably keep a few back as display figures because the inner collector demands such things.

    The Battletech mechs are something of a departure (or possibly lost love) for me. I played the game back in the 1980s/early 90s and enjoyed it, particularly the tabletop RPG version where you played as an individual mechwarrior. The PC versions of the genre (including the Harebrained/{Paradox game) have rekindled that old and forgotted spark and I bought the tabletop boxed set with the intention of running a tabletop RPG (using GURPS - my favourite RPG system), and moving to the Catalyst tabletop wargame when necessary. 

    I now have the plastic mechs from the game plus a boxful of light mechs to paint up and base (I'm going for clear acrylic hex bases this time). That should keep me out of trouble. I have have only managed one mech to date - the Jenner: 



I had to modify the legs to bring it to life, but not all of the awaiting Jenners will benefit from the conversion.

    All this and the continuing slog to paint up the many thousands of fantasy RPG figures waiting to be brought to life. No, that's not an exaggeration - I have many boxes of the things accumulated over decades of being unable to say 'no'. Oh, and also the 20mm WW2 forces waiting for attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment